Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the Assistant Buyer and Buyer and contribute to decisions on the product range.
- Maintain the collection of sample garments for the department, ensuring garment samples are received on time, are logged and returned or disposed of as necessary.
- Administer the quality control process and liaise with the Technical department, highlighting any quality issues within garments to the team e.g. attend fit sessions, write up notes etc.
- Manage the departments critical path, highlighting any issues to AB and Buyer and implement best practice on the departmentProcess orders and data input.
- Carry out competitor analysis and store visits.
- Prepare product rails for meetings as required.
- Monitor deliveries into the Distribution Centre by liaising with Suppliers and highlight any concerns or issues to the buying team.
- Liaise with other departments such as Merchandising and Distribution.
- Proactively maintain the filing systems.
Key Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Strong understanding of fashion trends and knowledge of the High Street.
- Knowledge of Designers within the fashion industry.
- Passion for product and a strong fashion eye.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills with ability to flex style according to audience.
- Good problem solving skills and an idea generator.
- The ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast paced environment.
- The capability to prioritise workload effectively and meet deadlines.
- Strong skills in organisation.
- Good attention to detail and a confident presenter.